Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bella Birthday

I got my first bellas! Since I decided to try unmounted rubber stamps instead of only acrylic stamps, a whole new world has opened up. This Partygirlabella was so cute, I couldn't resist her. I started out with an idea for the layout of this card after I saw a sketch on Debbie Olsen's blog. I stamped the image using Brilliance Graphite Black ink on Papertrey Stamper's Select cardstock and heat set. Then, I colored the image using copics. I added liquid applique and glitter to the cupcake for a little sparkle. I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey's Mixed Messages on the tag using Palette Noir. The ribbon is from SU!, but I think it is retired (cranberry). I love this shade of red! This second photo shows my completed images and the copic colors used to color her. Can you believe that many colors go into that one little image?! Someone once asked me if I thought copics were worth it and I have read threads on SCS where people debate if us "normal" stampers really need them. Well, I don't know that they are for everyone and they are very expensive, but I love mine. I like the vibrance of the images and being able to blend the colors. Watercoloring has never been my thing. It looks beautiful when other people do it, but I prefer my copics.

Recipe
Stamps: Stamping Bella, Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, DCWV
Patterned Paper: JoAnn's (it's that same stack as yesterday)
Ribbon: Su! Cranberry (retired)
Tools: copic markers, Making Memories punch, liquid applique, prisma glitter, tag

13 comments:

Dana said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Wow! Great job! I love the liquid aplique! Where do you get that? MWAH!

Unknown said...

Great card! I don't make cards so i am always in awe of those who do! Come by for a free hug at my blog...seems its catching on!
Hugs,:)
Robyn

A.Lee said...

YOu did such a great job coloring this card--and I would have never guessed how many different markers it took! Very cute.

Paula said...

Hey Niki, I just wanted to let you know that the stamp set I bought from you arrived safely through my letter box this morning. Thank you very much.
Paula

JazzyH said...

Great coloring. I love everything about it.

laos348 said...

Bellas are such fun to play with - what a wonderful card!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Hey Nikie, I was like you but only rubber stamps...and then Bella's which lead me to acrylics..which I know LOVE.Beautiful Bella card. Gorgeous colors. I so love those copics..Have a great day. Chris

Nardi said...

What a funky card! TFS!

I also wanted to let you know that I have 'given' you an award for your blog. Check out my blog for more details.

Anonymous said...

Love this card! Great job coloring, am so jealous you have all those Copics:)!
Geny C.
http://madisonavenue.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I love the color combo

Laura lok said...

awesome color job. droooling over it

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !!

UrgentCookie said...

This is awesome! I love the colors and the patterned paper is fantastic. :0)