Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sweet Baby Onesie

I love the inspiration I get from reading Lauren Meader's blog. A while back she posted some baby onesie cards that were so cute! She has a tutorial for them here. I didn't use the tutorial to make mine so mine is a little different, but I think both versions are such a cute idea. Mine just looks a little more like a onesie dress with the way it flares out more. Anyway, the onesie is made to be the same size as a regular A2 card. I used Papertrey's Green Thumb and Mixed Messages stamp sets for the strawberry and the sentiment. I masked the sleeves, collar, and where the snaps are and sponged Palette ink directly onto my card. My punches has a hard time punching through the Papertrey cardstock so next time I would use a lighter weight cardstock for the base. I ended up cutting the collar by hand after my punch marked the area for me. I scored the sleeves and bottom with my scorepal. I love how the little eyelets at the bottom look like snaps and really complete the card. These would make the most adorable baby annoucements.

Recipe
Stamps: Green Thumb, Mixed Messages: Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Stampers Select: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Palette
Other: eyelets, Scorepal

8 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh how perfect is that? I so love it!!! Perfect for any gender too. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Anonymous said...

That is adorable, a onesie shaped baby card...how creative!

Lisa Stenz said...

Love it! I have one that I started last week and haven't finished yet. (I still need to figure out what to put on the front of my onesie.) You just inspired me to go finish it. *Ü*

Laura lok said...

udderly cute as always you do great work

by the way you have been award teh E for excellence award check out my blog to claim it and nominate a few along the way

http://stampmouses.blogspot.com/

Lesa said...

So Cute! I need to try one of these. You did a great job!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

OMGosh!!! That is TOO cute! I love that pattern I am so glad she shared it. Great Card Niki!!

Marilyn said...

Wow - that is amazing! Love how you used the fruit on the oonsie - so creative!! What a great job sponging too - as always love your stuff!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Michele Cronsell said...

These onesie cards are so cute.