Monday, February 11, 2008

Little Penguins

I got some new stamps in the mail today and they are so cute! They are my first set of CC Designs stamps from All That Scraps. They come already mounted on EZ Foam and with a cd case for storage. These little penguins are so adorable! Of course, I had to ink one of them up right away. I cut the mat for my image first using my nestabilities in my cuttlebug. Then, I stamped the penguin and the Papertrey sentiment in Brillance Graphite ink. I heat set the ink and then used copics to color the penguin and balloons. I used the colorless blender to take a little color away from the penguin's tummy, balloon, and beak to add a little dimension. In the photo, the red balloon looks a little splotchy, but it is a reflection from the glaze I put on the balloons and the penguin's beak. Remember, you can always click on the photos if you want a bigger image so you can see details better.

Recipe:
Stamps: CC Designs. Papertrey
Patterned Paper: JoAnn's (it was a huge stack of paper, but not DCWV)
Ribbon: May Arts
Tools: copics, nestabilities, dimensional glaze

9 comments:

Kanani said...

This lil guy is just adorable. Too cute for words!

The Crafty Goddess

Marilyn said...

What a great job you've done with this little guy - he is just a cutie!! Love your coloring technique with the colorless blender - you make it look easy!

Nardi said...

What a lovely card. The effect you have achieved is great. Cute little guy just tops it off.

Unknown said...

too cute!
Hugs,
Robyn

Godelieve said...

This is a really cute card! Fabulous coloring!

Anonymous said...

Too adorable! And I love the pp alot! Colors look so good together!

Lesa said...

Awwwwww! Super cute. You did a great job!

JazzyH said...

He is so cute!!!!

Aimee said...

This card is so cute.... love those penguins