Sunday, November 30, 2008

O' Christmas Tree

Last year, our cats loved our Christmas tree. It was their first Christmas and they batted more than a few ornaments off the tree. Between the cats and our kids, all the nice ornaments go way up high on the tree! lol

I just received this Callie Christmas Kitty stamp and had to use it for this week's High Hopes Challenge. The challenge this week is Metal Madness brought to us by the very talented, Amy.

I had to use my new Basic Grey Wassail paper for my card and used Papertrey's ripe avocado cardstock because it is a perfect coordinating color. I started by stamping my kitty on white cardstock and cutting it out with a petite scalloped circle die. Then, I colored my image using copic markers.

I cut my card base and patterned papers and stitched them together. Then, I cut a piece of velvet olive ribbon. I attached it using some brads and added a silver metal Christmas tree and more brads in the corners of my card.

I stamped my sentiment on my card before adding my kitty to my card using foam adhesive. Isn't she cute?! I think I will be sending this Christmas card to my grandma because she loves kitties.

I actually got a photo of the copic markers I used again for this card. Be sure and stop by the High Hopes challenge blog. The divas have created some amazing stuff for the challenge and you won't want to miss it!

Have a Happy Sunday!!
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Callie Christmas Kitty (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Merry and Bright (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white, ripe avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Wassail (Basic Grey)
Accents: velvet olive ribbon, brads, metal Christmas tree (Making Memories)
Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, petite scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders)

17 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Niki, Just love the colours and the cute and beautifully coloured image.. just love the kitty stamps. Love your LO below and you little one is just adorable, Hugs, Nikki x

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOODNESS, I looooove everything about this card. Totally cute image, love Wassail (one of my favs this year), and that ribbon/brad/tree combo is awesome. :)

Tracey said...

This card is just adorable!! I love that kitty stamp!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fantastic card so cute and gorgeous ,stunning colouring ,Dawnxx

Rach said...

a gorgeous card Niki, brilliant papers and stamp. what a perfect sentiment...love the stitching detail too. thanks for sharing. hugs rachxx

Michelle said...

LOL ~~ I hear you ~~ now the cats are older, the kids are older ~~ I can actually have a normal Xmas tree again!! I love this card, love how you colored with your Copics ~~ I just can't get the hang of those so I'll have to just ogle your gorgeous creations!

Debbie Corbari said...

OMG this is adorable Niki! I LOVE the image...and your coloring/colors/stitching are all perfect!

Unknown said...

Totally cute card Niki! What a fun little image! :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say this is cute....even though I am not a cat person.

Anonymous said...

I love this card, Niki! This stamp cracks me up everytime I see. I love the papers and your coloring! Hugs :-)
~Lacey

Ila said...

Your card is So Gorgeous!! I love the coloring...fabulous papers, accents and stitching!!.....Hugs, Ila

Mary said...

How cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Lesa said...

Supah cute girlfriend! I love this. I am using that cranberry sauce paper to do the SU stars for my Christmas tree! Gorgeous stuff! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh wow! Your coloring just always knocks my socks off!! Darling card!!!

Shannah said...

OMGosh - this card is ADORABLE!! I love everything about it!
Shannah

Anonymous said...

Niki!
this is an incredibly stunning card!
i am in love with this Callie kitty stamp I'm thinking of getting it and making a little something for my daughter we got her 2 cats last Christmas who also fell in love with the ornaments and even broke a few!

I'm sure she would love this stamp! Although your card is far more fantastic than anything i could ever make! i think your creations are pure genius and completely fabulous!

I also really like your color choice. I think the colors go excellent together creating a very festive holiday feeling to it!

Thanks for posting!
Maggie

Unknown said...

I love this card, Niki! You're so talented!