Thursday, November 6, 2008

Groovy Baby!

I have one more sneak peek of the final set being released tonight after the release party in the Hanna Stamps forum. This is Hippy Chick. Isn't she groovy?! lol

I decided I wanted to create a pocket card for this set. I cut my base at 5x7 and then cut my layers. I chose some bright patterned paper and pulled my colors for it. I colored Hippy Chick in coordinating colors and cut her out. I sewed my patterned paper to the kiwi kiss mat and then stitched the pocket onto my card.

I wrapped some ribbon around my card and used a ribbon tag to add my sentiment. I colored the letters in with a copic marker. Then, I added Hippy Chick on foam adhesive.

Have to have a close up because this image is so cute! I added a little glitter to the flowers on her pants, the rings on her belt, and her head band using copic spica pens. I also added some to the sentiment. Wish you could see it in the photo. Just imagine them all glittery. *smile*

I cut my cardstock to fit my pocket. (Kiwi kiss base is 4x6.) I cut a piece of patterned paper and stitched it to a piece of regal rose cardstock. I rounded the corners and assembled the pieces. Then, I added a few dew drops up in the corner.

When I put the piece into the pocket, I decided that the top needed something extra. So, I stamped some flowers onto the regal rose cardstock above the pocket to add a little something.

The release party is tonight and there is always lots of fun, chatting, and prizes so be sure to join us! The party starts at 9 PM EST.

signature
Recipe
Stamps: Hippy Chick (Hanna Stamps)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), kiwi kiss, regal rose (SU), pink (Prism)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Accents: dew drops (Robin's Nest), ribbon
Tools: copic markers, detail scissors, sewing machine, corner rounder, ribbon slides (Spellbinders)

9 comments:

kadie said...

Great card, Niki!! I'm glad you did a darker hair color and skin tone...I haven't seen any others yet!! This card is FAB!! TFcreating and TFS

ribenaruby said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Lovely to see the darker skin tone on cards.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh she sure is groovy Niki and what a fun card, Hugs, Nikki x

Amy said...

Hahah what a crack up Niki! I absoluetley LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

Oh how cooooll!!!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card! A very cool stamp!

Anonymous said...

Great card! This looks like a really fun set!
~Lacey

Jean said...

oh my! I just found your blog and love love love your work!! Thanks for being such an inspiration!!!
Jean

Gina Lindsay said...

I loved all your sneak peeks! I ordered all mine last night and can't wait to play with them.