Wednesday, November 5, 2008

chocolates and get well wishes

Meet Couch Riley. He is the second Riley being released this week from Hanna Stamps. For my card, I chose my patterned paper first and then colored my image in coordinating colors. The rest of the card went together very quickly. I cut the layers, added some stitching, ribbon, and flowers with brads and put everything together.

The third Hanna set being released this week is Get Well Hanna. I really like the flower bouquet and balloon in this set and wanted to highlight them on my card. I stamped the images and colored them. Then, I sponged ink over my image while it was still in the oval nestability die. This creates the nice white edge without having to mat the image.

Then, I added some dimensional glaze to the balloon, flower centers, and to create water in the vase and set it aside to dry. I cut the layers for my card and created a stamped patterned paper using more images from the set (a box of tissues, a bowl of soup, and a cut of tea). I sponged some ink to the edge of my patterned paper and to the edges of my kraft card base. Then, I stitched my patterned paper to the white mat. I added some ribbon and buttons and assembled my card.

I'll be back with my last sneak peek card for the release tomorrow. Have a great day!

signature
Recipe for first card
Stamps: Couch Riley (Hanna Stamps)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), riding hood red, pink pirouette (SU)
Patterned Paper: Blush (Basic Grey)
Accents: pink pirouette ribbon (SU), flowers (Prima Marketing), brads (Queen and Co)
Tools: copic markers, rectangle nestability die, sewing machine


Recipe for second card
Stamps: Get Well Hanna (Hanna Stamps)
Cardstock: kraft, white, ocean tides (Papertrey Ink)
Accents: ocean tides ribbon (Papertrey Ink), buttons, hemp
Tools: copic markers, oval nestability dies, sewing machine, sponge, distress ink (Ranger)

8 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Aaaack! They are gorgeous Niki! I love the baby set and that Riley is a MUST have!! heehee! Thanks for the great sneak peeks!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

So so cute is that Riley. Ready for Valentines day...and sweet hanna card!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful!!!!!!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Niki, you are amazing! I love both these cards. That Riley is one of my new fav's now. Gorgeous! and cute to boot! Love your coloring of him and the papers.
And the Get Well balloon is so sweetly done. I love the texture of it and the blues and browns. Gorgeous color combo! We are so lucky you are also on OUR team!! heh-heh!!

Precious Scraps by Beverly said...

Niki - These are both great cards - You know I love the one with Chocolate ! Can't wait for your sneak peaks !

Tiffany said...

So cute!!! Love it!!! Great cards Niki.

Unknown said...

How'd I miss that wee get well card it's so good - Riley's cute too of course.

Tweetpea said...

What a great idea to stipple the background when a cutout is still in the nestabilities die. Hope you don't mind if I try that. It's a great idea.

Tammi
http://3littlebirdz.com