Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trick or Treat

I mentioned yesterday that Hanna Stamps is releasing four new sets on Friday. Two of the sets are mini sets. One of the mini sets is called Trick or Treat. It's such a great Halloween set. I love the scarecrow. I have two cards today using him.

I decided to make a late night, Halloween scene using the scarecrow, bat, and pumpkin. I started out by stamping my images. Then, I colored them with copic markers. Then, I used the air brush system with the copic markers to spray the sky, moon, and ground. To make the moon, I punched a circle out of a piece of scrap cardstock and used it as my mask for spraying the moon. As a finishing touch, I sprayed the entire piece with a dark grey to make it look like it was dark outside. When I was making my card, I also decided to random stamp some cardstock to make my own pattern paper using one of the bats included in the set. I cut a mat and my card base, sponged all the edges, and stitched everything together with black thread. So, what do you think? I think I came pretty close to what I envisioned. The air brush system is so nice with the copics. It just lets you add something extra.

My other card is a very simple card. One thing to note with the copics, after I colored both my scarecrows, I used the colorless blender to make the clothes looked faded.

Thank you so much to everyone who commented yesterday. It's great to hear from each and every one of you. I guess it just helps me get to know my readers a little better when you comment so that is why I love hearing from you even if you just want to say hi. I turned the word verification off for now. If I start getting spam, I will have to turn it back on. We'll see how it goes. Thanks so much for sharing your opinions!

Have a great day!
signature

Recipe for first card
Stamps: Trick or Treat (Hanna Stamps)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), black, pumpkin pie (SU!)
Ink: graphite black (Brilliance), noir (Palette)
Tools: copic markers, copic airbrush system, sewing machine, circle punch, sponge dauber


Recipe for second card
Stamps: Trick or Treat (Hanna Stamps)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), blue bayou, pumpkin pie (SU!)
Ink: black (Momento)
Accents: blue bayou ribbon (SU!)
Tools: copic markers, nestability circle and rectangle dies (Spellbinders), cuttlebug embossing folder

5 comments:

Ila said...

These are both fabulous cards...I love the stitching and Halloween!!

Sorry I never answered this earlier..I do use prismacolor pencils and OMS...then h20's to deepen the shade. I never realized I had forgotten to write it on my post till you mentioned it...Some Days.....Thanks for asking!!

Anonymous said...

these are adorable.

Maria said...

Great job on the scene! Can't wait to see all the sets in full.

Marcia said...

These are great cards as always!!

Heidi said...

Wow! Adorable cards Niki! You are a copic master!! Your background paper really brings out the night time scene.