Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas Wishes

I don't think I have mentioned here how much I love Christmas and Snowmen. Christmas is my favorite time of year. When I saw the snowmen and snowladies at High Hopes Stamps, I fell in love! They are the most adorable snow people stamps I've ever seen! I picked up Snowlady Surprise last time I ordered and the rest are going in with my next order!

I am also loving the sneak peeks I've been seeing of Katharina Frei's new line of stamps called Whiff of Joy. She's having a guest designer contest so I decided to throw my name in the hat. She provided a sketch and details here.

I stamped my snow lady and colored her with copic markers. Then, I cut all my mats and patterned papers and used an edge distressor to rough up the edges and sewed the pieces together. I added fun flock to the snow lady's hat, mittens, and coat. Then, I assembled my card.

Here's a close up of the snowlady. Can you see the fun flock on her coat, hat, and mittens? I love the fuzzy texture it adds.

Well, wish me luck and have a great day!


signature
Recipe
Stamps: Snowlady Surprise (High Hopes Stamps), Believe (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), Blush Red Dark, Herbal Garden Dark (Prism)
Patterned Paper: Figgy Pudding (Basic Grey)
Ink: graphite black (Brilliance), noir (Palette)
Accents: red grosgrain ribbon, pewter brads and eyelet, white fun flock
Tools: copic markers, edge distressor (CTMH), sewing machine, nestability rectangle and circle dies (Spellbinders), Sakura glue pen

13 comments:

Molly B said...

So cute. I love snowmen too. I have a big collection of snowmen that say out all winter long. -Molly B

Tracy.H said...

Love it! I might have to get me some of those snowmen on my next order too. ;0)

Unknown said...

Adorable Niki! :)

Lorie said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I'm always afraid to use that type of paper together but it looks great!

Alicia Weiman said...

This snowman is adorable! I love how you added the flock!

Melissa said...

So very sweet! Makes me long for cold winter nights!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Maria said...

OMG I LOVE HIM! I love snowmen.

Marcia said...

Love the snowlady cards - especially the flock to add the texture - great card as always.

Good luck on the guest designer - they should be honored to have a talent like you!!

Heidi said...

So sweet!!! I love that snowlady! The details on your card are fantastic. Good luck!!

Unknown said...

AAAAwwwww this is just lovely - she's so cute - what a beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Love the fun flock effect! Don't you just love High Hopes? One of my favorite companies.
~Lacey Stephens
www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Awwwe! Your snow lady card is so adorable! Love it a lot!!! I placed an order with High Hopes and they are kind of taking a while to get to my house. I wonder what the hold up is. Any news if they are on vacation or something?!?!?! TFS!
Heidi in Tucson, AZ

Katharina Frei said...

A wonderful creation Niki. Love the paper and the details with the fun flock. Reminds me that I have it at home and never used it...hehe
Thanks for your entry!
Katharina