Friday, March 14, 2008

OMGoodness!

I am in shock! I won the Papertrey Guest Star Stamper contest for Best Use of Patterned Paper! (insert shocked emoticon here because I don't have one) The entries are always so amazing that I never figured I had a chance to actually win. Between Hanna Stamps and Papertrey Ink, I have had an amazingly blessed month and I am very thankful to both of them!

Bet you're tired of be blabbering on so on to the card deets.

I really wanted to come up with something with the patterned paper and Beautiful Blooms. I created the card base using Aqua Mist cardstock. I stamped the flowers on white stamper's select cardstock using aqua mist ink and cut them out. Then, I cut a mat using nestabilities dies. I punched circles out of the patterned paper for the flower centers. I pop dotted the flowers up for more dimension. Then, I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and added the dotted border (Borders and Corners Rectangles). I punched holes using Making Memories slot tool and threaded the spring moss twill through it. Assembled everything and it was done. I had a blast at the Papertrey release party and can't wait to try their new paper, ink, and ribbon colors and to use some of those stamps. Now, just have to stalk the UPS man.
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, white Stamper's Select
Patterned Paper: Everyday Blessings
Stamps: Just Hatched, Beautiful Blooms, Borders and Corners Rectangle
Accents: Spring Moss twill
Tools: nestabilities, Making Memories punch tool, circle punch

21 comments:

Lee said...

Oh MY!!! I can easily see why you won!! This is just GORgeous!!! I love that dp.....and the flowers with the dp in the center.....just fabulous indeed!!! Congrats!!

Charlene Austin said...

That is a winner for sure! I am in love with your card. Congratulations!!

Barbara Schram said...

This is just fabulous, Niki...huge congrats to you!

May said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I ran across your blog when I was looking into more information on Hanna Stamps. I just discovered them and love the illustrations and themes.

Please check out my blog too if your like, cardsbymay.blogspot.com.

Congrats to you.

TraceyB said...

A clear winner. Love the Card :)

Marilyn said...

Wow!!! Of course you won - you are ubber talented!!! So happy for you sista!! Love this card - it is just so elegant and truly beautiful in design!! WOOHOO For you!!

Tracy.H said...

I am not surprised at all! This is stunning! Congrats. :0)

Jessica Smith said...

Congrats again! Love the card.

~amy~ said...

Congrats!!! It is a gorgeous!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Congratulations Niki! Wow, I think I've written that a couple of times recently :) Great job. Its a beautiful card!

Terri said...

Congratulations! Your work is great.

K said...

Your card is beautiful! You absolutely deserve being the guest on PTI. I love what you did with the flowers. There are so many possiblities with PTI.

Alli Miles said...

No shock there girl...this is GORGEOUS!!!!! Congrats Niki.

Maria said...

That is so beautiful! Great job! Congrats!!

Maria said...

That is so beautiful! Great job! Congrats!!

Deanna said...

Congrats Niki, it's beautiful! The bunny bax was really pretty too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Niki !! You do fabulous work and deserve the recognition!

All your latest projects are awesome! Haven't checked on you in a while and just love all the cards and projects you've posted!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning Niki. I love your card!

Penny said...

Congratulations Niki!!! That is one STUNNING card , I adore it!

I am the other guest star stamper and have just added a link to your beautiful card here on my blog.

Now to choose which set....:) :)

Stampin' Meg said...

Congrats -your cards are awesome, Nikki. You totally deserve a win!

Justine said...

This is fresh and clean, I love it.