Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Friend Like You is a Special Tweet!

I absolutely love the High Hopes dragons. They are all so adorable! Who knew a dragon could be that cute?! Every month High Hopes has a special where stamps are 25% off. This month's special is Lenny's Love Me Nots, Special Tweet saying, and Lg Ribbon/Rose 2 pc. set. You can purchase the set and see a couple more cards created by the design team using the set here.

I finally got a chance to make my card for the special and it was perfect timing because I used the SCS sketch 202 for my layout. I stamped Lenny and colored him in using copic markers. I then I cut all my layers. I sponged dark chocolate ink along the edges of the heart patterned paper before adding the red stitching.

I added all the layers and used foam adhesive to add my image and the ribbons and roses (after I cut them out). I sketched in the grass with a copic multi-liner pen before coloring.

Since there was stitching showing on the inside of my card from when I stitched the patterned paper to my card base, I decided to line the interior of my card. I cut a piece of pink cardstock slightly smaller than my card. Then, I cut a strip of patterned paper that was the same as that on my card front and stitched it to a piece of dark chocolate cardstock before adding it to my card.
Have a great day!
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Lenny's Love Me Nots, Special Tweet, and Lg Ribbon/Rose 2 pc. set (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Cardstock: white, dark chocolate, sweet blush (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Blush (Basic Grey)
Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, square punch, scissors

5 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

such a cute dragon, I love that you made it all pink.

Tracey said...

I love this card. Fabulous!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh! that is SO cute!! Its fabulous! I LOVE the pp you used and then how you colored it-oh and look at that stamped and cut out ribbon corner!!! AHH!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Niki, love the colours you have used on Lenny and the papers are wonderful. Hugs Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the color combo!! A pink Dragon...too perfect!! LOL
~Lacey