Friday, November 21, 2008

Celebrate Today

I hear people are starting to receive their PTI goodies! Have you played with any of the new stamps yet? This was one of my favorite cards I made for the release. I just love the colors aqua mist, dark chocolate, and kraft together.

First, I cut an aqua mist card. Then, I stamped my star pattern in dark chocolate ink across the top 2/3 of my card. I sponged the edges with dark chocolate ink.

I cut a strip of kraft paper and used my scorepal to score lines along the entire piece. Then, I sponged dark chocolate ink on all the edges and adhered it to my card. I cut my tag out using a cuttlebug die and embossed the sentiment in white ink. Then, I cut a piece of dark chocolate satin ribbon and tied my bow. I cut another dark chocolate ribbon to go around my card. Then, I added hemp to my button and tied it around my bow and ribbon. Then, I added my ribbon and tag to my card.

This week has been so hectic. Seriously, I don't think I have gotten anything done really and yet I have been doing stuff all week. Next week will probably be worse with Thanksgiving coming. I did manage to get one page of my calendar done. I'll try to get a photo of it to share next week. Do any of you make calendars? I make one every year. I love looking back through all the photos from this year and picking out which ones I want to use. When I'm finished, I scan the calendar and print copies onto photo paper for all the grandparents and great-grandparents in our family. They love them and every year that is their only request for Christmas. This year, I am behind on getting started, but I have one month done. Just eleven more to go! *wink*

signature
Recipe
Stamps: Background Basics Stars, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: aqua mist, kraft, dark chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: dark chocolate (Papertrey Ink), versamark
Accents: dark chocolate satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink), button, hemp
Tools: scorepal, sponge, heat gun, white embossing powder (Papertrey Ink)

19 comments:

Carolina said...

Thud! What an adorable card Niki! Love the sentiment hanging from the button and the color combo is just precious.

Sheena Richmond said...

Love love love your card. I'm always drawn to the simple ones.
I'm noticing that you like to stamp your own paper patterns. Normally I would just go for a printed paper that coordinates, but I like how you stamp up your own patterned paper.
I like that colour combo too!
Thanks for all your inspiration :)

Tracey said...

Love this card! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Niki - love that color combo!! :)c

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful, Niki!
Love the hanging element.

Debbie Olson said...

Great texture and color, Niki!

Velta said...

Great card and I love the colors too! I know what you mean about being behind...I have so many cards that have been ordered to make for Christmas and I just hope I can get them done in time. Good Luck Niki :)

Allison said...

This is just gorgeous! I love how you stamped the patterned paper! The colour combo is absolutely fabulous. I love the PTI stuff but it's so expensive to ship to Canada so I haven't gotten anything from them but it's on my Christmas list!

Kacey Elliott said...

This is a beautiful card Niki! I too love this color combination. I didn't buy anything this month from PTI (I wanted a Slice), but I am adding those stars to my evergrowing list! Gorgeous!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love the color combo !!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Great card Niki! Love the color combo...great job.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really love this card. So simple, but gorgeous. I really love the tag on the ribbon. I have not made calenders yet, but that really sounds like a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.
~Lacey

Kathleen said...

I REALLY like this card! Thanks for the great color combo! LOVE it~

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is adorable! I love the elegance of this card. TFS! :)
Hugs, Christine :)

Unknown said...

Hi Niki - awarded you an awardy thingy - hope that's ok!

6 wacky women said...

Very pretty, Niki. I just love the colors.
Karen

Vicki G said...

Very lovely, I love browns with shades of blue or turquoise!

Charlene Austin said...

Hey Niki. This is gorgeous. My order is currently with Canada Customs. Those buggahs! LOL.

Justine said...

I can't wait to get this set. I knew I would be seeing it everywhere. Looks so versatile.