Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Silent Night

I can't believe it is already time for another Papertrey Ink release night! All the new goodies are now up in the store. This month featured lots of new Christmas and winter sets. The stamp designers created some fabulous sets. One of the most elegant Christmas sets I have seen is the new Silent Night set. It's just beautiful.

For my card, I wanted something simple yet elegant. I stamped the star on vintage cream cardstock with pure poppy ink and cut it out with an oval nestability die. Then, I distressed the edge and matted it with a pure poppy oval. I stamped the sentiment on a vintage cream rectangle, punched the corners with the corner tab punch, matted it with a pure poppy rectangle and added some silver brads. Then, I created the card base from pure poppy cardstock. I cut a piece of patterned paper and matted it with vintage cream cardstock. I sewed around the edge and distressed the vintage cream. I added more silver brads and some pure poppy stitched ribbon. Then, I added the star and sentiment to my card using foam adhesive. My last step was to add some tiny rhinestones to the star.

So, do you have a favorite set from this release? I can't wait to see what everyone starts making when the new sets starting arriving.
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Silent Night (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: vintage cream, pure poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Let it Snow (Kelly Panacci)
Ink: pure poppy (Papertrey Ink), noir (Palette)
Accents: rhinestones (Me and My Big Ideas), silver brads, pure poppy stitched ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: ticket corner punch, oval and long rectangle nestability dies, sewing machine, edge distressor

11 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorie said...

Ummm...this is absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The card is elegant, Niki; you did a great job using the new stamp set, Silent Night.

Geny said...

Niki, i love this card, it is so beautiful and full of details. That patterned paper is gorgeous too, I might have to find some of that!! Great job this month as always!
Geny

Carolyn King said...

ohhh...so beautiful and very elegant Niki! Mission accomplished!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

This is gorgeous and so so elegant!! I love this new set. I just placed another order...Thanks for the inspiration. Chris

Kacey Elliott said...

Beautiful card! I always love these colors together.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is stunning Niki, Hugs, Nikki x

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just beautiful Niki! Love all the new PTI stuff (must have since I bought $400 of it last nite in all my giddiness),LOL!

hugz,
Suzanne Dean

Unknown said...

Beautiful Niki! Just the right touches! :)

Rhonda Kelly said...

This is a GORGEOUS card! I just love all the new releases from Papertrey this month! You did a wonderful job...