Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Doctor is In

This week's High Hopes challenge is a sketch challenge (sketch created by the ultra-talented Katharina.) I love sketches because they make some of the assembly of the card so easy. I moved a couple things a tiny bit, but overall, it is pretty close to the sketch. I first stamped my medicine man on white cardstock and cut out the oval shape. I decided upon some colors and colored my image with copic markers. Then, I cut all my cardstock and patterned paper pieces. I used two different embossing folders to emboss the always artichoke and really rust cardstocks. After embossing, I inked the raised embossing by tapping an ink pad all over the pieces. I like how that helps bring out the embossing. I sewed my layers and started assembling my card. I added some ribbons and rain dots to finish off the front of my card.

I always have to have a close up so you can see the inking on the embossed cardstock and a close up of the Medicine Man.

I finished off the inside of my card by adding a really rust layer. Then, I stamped the sentiment. Love that sentiment. I stamped the brewing pot on white cardstock, colored it, and cut it out. I added it to the corner of my card with dimensional foam adhesive.

Be sure to check out all the design team creations for the challenge and join us! Leave me your link if you join in the challenge.
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Medicine Man, Doctor is In, Potion, Bubbling Brew (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), really rust, black, always artichoke, soft sky (SU!)
Patterned Paper: Boxer (Basic Grey)
Ink: black (Momento), noir, cognac (Palette), ripe avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Accents: rain dots, soft sky ribbon (SU!)
Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, embossing folders (provo craft), oval nestability dies (Spellbinders)

14 comments:

Katharina Frei said...

What a fabulous and amazing card Niki. Totally stunning. Looove it!!
Hugs
Katharina

Michelle said...

Niki, this is adorable~~ congrats on becoming a Diva ~ I wasn't sure you had announced it but I see you did!! I was so excited when I heard you were joining the team ~~ this is a great first challenge card!!

6 wacky women said...

What an awesome card, Niki. I just love the colors and your painting.
Congrats on becoming a HH Diva.
Take care
Karen

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh! That is absolutely adorable! Every single element is absolutely spot on!

Molly B said...

Great card. Such details. That little medicine man is adorable. Congrats again. -Molly B

Lori said...

Niki this card is just too cute!!! I love it!!! Still deciding on buying it, you sure have made the card so fun!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Niki, love the stitching and great colours, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Niki, I just adore all the fabulous texture you created here!! Mmmm, mmmm gorgeous!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Fabulous and darling all at the same time!!!!! Cute stamps!
Congrats on their DT too!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SOOOO ADORABLE! THAT WOULD REALLY PERK ME UP IF I WERE UNDER THE WEATHER.




SANDY IN NH

Michelle said...

I'm back again....I tagged you on my blog :)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great card Nikki! Love all the layers and stitching! And I'm so glad you are joining the HH bunch!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

Be interesting to have a dr like him show up to look after you ;)

Very cute isnt he :)

Gorgeous card :)

Ila said...

This is Fabulous Niki!! I love the coloring and the papers you choose are so perfect!!...Hugs, Ila