Friday, August 29, 2008

true strength is Delicate

The poppies in Lisa's Remember set are so neat. I just love the style. For this card, I decided to stamp my flowers using plum pudding ink. I started out by cutting a piece of vintage cream cardstock using a long nestabiliy die. Then, I stamped my flower, stem, leaves, and sentiment. I matted my image with plum pudding cardstock. I pierced the dots around the center of the poppy and stitched on some seed beads. Then, I made my card base from spring moss cardstock, cut a patterned paper piece, and matted it with black cardstock. I punched some plum pudding cardstock with my MS border punch and added it to my patterned paper. I tied some plum pudding ribbon around it and adhered all my layers.


Here you can see the seed beads. I love the dimension that this simple element adds. As a last step, I added some black stickles to the center of my poppy and let it dry.
Have a great day!
signature

Recipe
Stamps: Remember (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: vintage cream, plum pudding, spring moss (Papertrey Ink), black
Patterned Paper: Guide Lines (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: plum pudding, spring moss (Papertrey Ink), noir (Palette)
Accents: plum pudding stitched ribbon (Papertrey Ink), black sead beads, black stickles
Tools: punch (Martha Stewart), long rectangle nestability die

17 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! This is beyond gorgeous!!!

Jocelyn said...

Love this card! My favorite color!

Renee Lamb said...

oh my! BEAUTIFUL cards! I love them! All your work is great! loved reading your blog!

Barbara Schram said...

As always every element perfectly placed, and the beads gove the wowo punch! Love this card and every detail!

Hope you are doing well, Niki, Have a great weekend!

i'm with the band said...

VERY pretty!!!
I've nominated you for an award, check my blog. =)

Jaimie Lea said...

Love your work!

Sandy Knecht said...

What a wonderful card you have here. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Super beautiful card Nikki.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card niki - fab colours lovely layout

Chris said...

This is just stunning - I love everything about it - gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD! I LUV THE COLORS.

Anonymous said...

Great colors and I love those beads.

Carolyn King said...

ohhhh so pretty!!! great colors!

Carolina said...

Amazing colors and love the beads!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Niki ~~ Great card!! Just stopped by to say CONGRATS on being the Featured Stamper this week!!! You SOOOOO deserve it!! I wish I had time to play today, but maybe sometime this week :) Enjoy your special day!

Donelda said...

Niki, I love this!! The seed beads are a perfect touch!!

Unknown said...

Come by and take a peek at what I have a 'brewin' over at my place!