Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Fright Night

This week's Hanna Stamps challenge is a sketch challenge. You can find the challenge here. Amanda created this fun sketch for us. I started by picking my colors. I knew I wanted to use the Witch on a Broom Riley so I needed some Halloween colors. I think Papertrey's plum pudding, summer sunrise, and spring moss work so well together for Halloween colors. I stamped Riley and colored him with copic markers. Then, I cut it out with a nestability die. I cut all my other pieces and then used spring moss ink to stamp the bats on the spring moss cardstock. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Spooky Sweets set. I sewed all the pieces and then assembled my card. Last, I added some dew drops to the corners. (I love dew drops and Kristi just got in over 40 different colors!!)

Have a great weekend!

signature
Recipe
Stamps: Witch on a Broom Riley, Trick or Treat Mini (Hanna Stamps), Spooky Sweets (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: graphite black (Brilliance), noir (Palette), spring moss (Papertrey Ink)
Accents: dew drops (Robin's Nest)
Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, nestability dies (Spellbinders)

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Niki, that is just adorable!!!! The colors are perfect together for Halloween and your design is super as always! Well Done!

Michelle said...

I love everything about this!! The colors (I *heart* PTI colors!), the layout, the SEWING (which I am incapable of) & are those purple Dew Drops??? Love them!! Will you be needing my address??????

Anonymous said...

How CUTE it is !!! I love the color combo you used and this stamp is sweet. :)

Tiffany said...

I love, love, love it! Riley is so cute. This is adorable for Halloween.

Great job Nicki! I hope your daugher is still ok. Keep us posted.

Allison said...

This is super cute! The colours look great! My husband and I were discussing how we don't know when purple became a Halloween colour but it works!

Unknown said...

Very cute card - love the stitching! :)

Patty Williams said...

Awww...he is adorable!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Niki this is so cute! Great job on the sketch! Amazing stitching!

Kimberly Crawford said...

VErY cute! Love the colors, love the stitching, LOVE the background piece-how do you do that? :)

Debbie Olson said...

Everything about this card is perfect, Niki--the layout, the colors, the layers, the sewing--great job!!