Saturday, June 14, 2008

Papertrey Baby Blanket Gift Set

One of the categories for the Papertrey Guest Star Stamper contest this month is baby gifts. I love the Bitty Baby Blessings stamp set so it got a lot of use for my entries. I decided to make a baby blanket gift ensemble as one of my entries this month. (Sorry some of the photos are a little blurry. I don't know why blogger is uploading them like that. They aren't blurry in the PTI gallery or on my computer. The sentiment on the card says "Welcome Little One.")

I stamped the duck and boat images on iron on transfers and colored them with copic markers before ironing them on the blankets (the small type you swaddle a baby with). I love being able to do this! Thanks so much, Alli, for the tutorial last month about it.

I created my patterned paper by random stamping the small boat and duck stamps and coloring them with copic markers. It took quite a while to stamp all those small images and color them, but I like how it turned out.

I cut a small strip of my patterned paper for the bag and matted it with red and blue cardstock before adding it to the bag. Then, I threaded some buttons and added them randomly. I cut a tag using a spellbinders die, added some thread to it, and hung it from one of the buttons. I used one of the Papertrey coffee bags with the windows because I thought it would be neat to have the designs on the blankets peeking out through the window of the bag.

For my card, I cut my patterned paper and stitched it to resemble a baby quilt. I matted it with red and blue cardstock. Then, I added my sentiment, ribbon, and brads to my patterned paper before adding it my card. Last, I threaded more buttons and added them randomly. (Again the sentiment is not blurry in real life just in this photo. Blogger doesn't seem to like this card. )

Here's a close up of the baby blankets. Remember you can click on any of the photos if you want to see a larger photo with more detail.

Tonight's the night of the release party. I can't believe it's already the middle of June. I can't wait to see all the GSS entries and see the design team creations with the new sets. Hope to see you at the party!!



Recipe
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: black (Momento), noir (Palette)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), real red, ballet blue (SU!)
Accents: red buttons (Lasting Impressions), blue ribbon, yellow brads
Tools: iron on transfers, copic markers, spellbinders dies
Other: thread, baby blankets, large kraft coffee bag (Papertrey Ink)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niki, this is a great project. I love how you created your own designer paper. See you at the party...if I can make it up at 4am from Germany! Heather

Janette said...

These are terrific! Awesome job. You sure blew me out of the water in this category. Good luck, can't wait to see the rest of your entries

Molly B said...

Wow that is awesome! That must have taken forever to color all of those little images. Good luck, I think it deserves a win! See you tonight. -Molly B

K said...

I love this. You are the princess of making patterned paper (sorry Nichole is the queen :). I think all of your coloring is so great.

Debbie Olson said...

Niki, what a fabulous ensemble--great job! Congrats on the big haul too! :-D

Val said...

Congrats on "winning it all"! Can't wait to see what you make with them!

Chelle! said...

That paper is amazing!!! I had to keep looking at it. I could not figure out if you stamped it or bought the patterened paper. WOW!!! I love how you stamped it. It looks perfect.

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great stuff and congrats on winning the whole package at PTI.

stampmonkey said...

What a darling idea for a baby gift! I love the whole set...lots of work though! Beautiful job, Niki!

Shari said...

This is a great set!

Congrats on winning it all at the PTI release tonight!

B said...

Super cute! :-)

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOWEE!! The results are amazing! WOW! that background "paper" you made is stunning!!!!
It should be sold in sheets for us to buy!! :)

Unknown said...

This is awesome!

You were the Runner Up for "Projecxt of the Week" over at Card of the Week.com.

You can check out the posting at http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/06/card-of-the-w-2.html