Friday, June 27, 2008

Ellie Elephant

I discovered High Hopes Stamps a couple months ago and had to order some of their adorable images. Meet Ellie Elephant. She was the special last month. They have a special every month, but the stamps are still available. You just get a discount when they are the special. High Hopes Stamps is in Canada, but shipping was very reasonable and Tina (the owner) is a sweetheart to deal with! I got my stamps as just the rubber so I could use my current mounting system for unmounted stamps (Alene's Tack it Over and Over).

I did a lot of masking with my images. I stamped the single peanut and the peanut bag. Then, I masked them and stamped Ellie. Then, I cut my image out and put it on the vanilla cardstock. I distressed the edges of my cardstock and patterned papers using an edge distressor and then sewed the layers together. I made holes in my image panel to thread my twill through and then assembled the layers. Last, I added buttons and flowers with dew drops in their centers.




I received thie Kreativ Award from Adela Rossol. Thank you so much Adela! You are so sweet!

Have a great day!







Recipe

Stamps: Oops Ellie, Bag of Peanuts, Can't Believe, Single Peanut (High Hopes Stamps)

Cardstock: very vanilla, cameo coral (SU!), white (Papertrey Ink)

Patterned Paper: Tres Jolie (My Mind's Eye)

Ink: Noir (Palette)

Accents: green twill, buttons, flowers (Prima), dew drops (Robin's Nest)

Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, slot tool (Making Memories), edge distressor

14 comments:

Ila said...

Wow!! Over the top Gorgeous!! I love all the masking you did..the papers and stitching...all Fabulous!!

K said...

Cute card. The elephant is adorable and colored so well.

Kimberly Crawford said...

That is really cute!! Love the elephant!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

You've been tagged. Check it out here, http://creatingwithsandbetweenmytoes.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-first-taggingyeah.html

Unknown said...

Really pretty - my girlies will love to see this one - when they get up in the morning!! A real treat - they'll want one - I may have to offer you loads of money!

Judy in Indiana said...

Your elephant is adorable! And I love the 4th of July appropriate nuggets.

Unknown said...

Very cute card - that elephant is adorable!

Sue said...

Oh, how cute is that!! Stunning card.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! This card is just gorgeous, you've done a beautiful job!!
Shari
www.acraftyobsession.typepad.com

Patsy said...

This is precious! That image fits so many purposes. Great job!!

Soguesswhat11 said...

Oh-my-gosh, that card is PRECIOUS!!!!! From the masking to the color combo, it's just perfect in every way. I love it!!!!! Hugs from your SBS sista, me!

UrgentCookie said...

This is super cute! I love the distressed edges and the pearls in the flowers. Great work. :0)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Look at you with your High Hopes stamps!!! Did I mention there are a gazillion new images being released this week??? heehee!

Jane said...

Adorable! I love High Hopes images. You did a great job with the masking and the scene.

Jane