Wednesday, May 21, 2008

fun technique for you

Today, I have a fun technique to share with you. It is so easy to do and adds such a great touch to your project. First, some card info. I started by making my card base out of white cardstock. Then, I random stamped with the lily pad image in Pond Life to create my patterned paper. I cut and matted my patterned paper before adding it to my card. Next, I cut out my circles using nestability dies. I stamped my frog, added the sentiment (I masked two stamps from the sentiment set to create my sentiment), and image to my card. Last, I added some dimensional glaze to the frog to make him nice and shiny. Now, for the fun technique.

See how my frog has that cool pattern all over his body. It is so easy to create. This is called stamp kissing. It's certainly not a new technique, but it's still a fun one to use. I simply inked up my stamp, stamped on a sponge (just a regular household sponge), and then stamped my frog on my cardstock circle. I love how it looks like the pattern you see on so many real frogs. I added some dimensional glaze over my frog and let it dry. Between the pattern and the glaze, I think it makes the frog look more realistic.

There are so many options out there using this technique to add texture and another dimension to your stamps. I'd love to see what you come up with if you try this technique.

Have a great day!

Recipe
Stamps: Pond Life, Pond Life sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white stamper's select (Papertrey Ink), wild wasabi (SU!)
Ink: jardin moss (Palette)
Tools: nestability dies, dimensional glaze, sponge

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very neat card Niki! I LOVE the texture on your frog - great idea! :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

FANTASTIC!! He looks so incredibly COOL!! tfs this great technique!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous card Niki...I love your pattern that you created, and the texture on the frog looks so real it's creepy...not a big reptile fan...lol It's an awesome card.

Lee said...

Ohhh......very cool!! I love that patterned froggy!!

LeAnne said...

Very cool technique, thanks for sharing it with us! I don't have that set yet, but maybe there is something else I can try it on!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

A sponge ... who would have thought ... what a perfect frog skin design ... and adorable card.

Anonymous said...

The card is darling and the frog is the bomb!!! You go!

Tracy.H said...

Love that frog!! :0)