Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Doggie treats

Morning, Everyone! Busy day ahead, but I couldn't wait to share my sneak peek of the new Hanna Stamps coming out. Today, I have a cute little doggie treat canister and a card to share. Both of these stamps are from the Large Breeds and My Best Friend stamp sets that Hanna Stamps is releasing the 14th. I used a 6 inch tea tin to create the dog treat canister. First, I stamped my patterned paper using the dog treat stamp found in My Best Friend. I matted the patterned paper on cardstock and adhered it to my tin. For the ribbon, I wanted the look of a collar so I added a silver brad every inch on the ribbon before I tied it to my canister. I stamped the image of my dog and colored it with copic markers. I added some grass using a copic multiliner pen. The sentiment is from the My Best Friend stamp set. Then, I cut my image in the shape of a tag, matted it, and added it to my canister. Now, on to the card. I started by stamping and coloring my dog first. Love that St Benard! Then, I random stamped the dog treat stamp again for my patterned paper. I used the ticket corner punch on all the corners, matted everything, and added brads. I stamped the dog treat stamp again on white paper and colored it with a copic marker. Then, I cut it out and dangled it from my ribbon when I added it to my card. Check out the design team blogs for more great sneak peeks!

Recipe
Stamps: My Best Friend, Large Breeds (Hanna Stamps)
Cardstock: river rock (SU!), white stamper's select (Papertrey Ink), brown (DCWV)
Ink: Brilliance black graphite, palette cognac
Tools: copic markers, copic multiliner pen, ticket corner punch
other: ribbon, silver brads

6 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

Everyday your work gets even better if that is even possible. Love this so much.

Stampin' Meg said...

Huzzah- let's here it for the large breeds-I have a Great Pyrenees and a SUPER sized Labrador9He weighs 130 lbs!)
Gorgeous cards, Nikki.

UrgentCookie said...

This is super adorable! I love the colors you chose. :0) What a cute gift idea for the dog lover.

Velta said...

Gotta love these stamps. I spent the weekend with my best friend and family and they had 4 Great Danes...Beautiful animals all very well trained. But I will bet they each weighed 200 or more pounds. I have an Aussie...one of the loves of my life...thanks for sharing such a wonderful card :)

Lee said...

Awww......very cute!! I love how you designed your own patterned paper!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these! Isn't that bone a fun stamp in these sets! Fabulous tin and card indeed!

~Bev