Friday, February 29, 2008

Aqua Mist and Cake

Papertrey's Piece of Cake stamp set is one I've had since last fall and never used. Shocking, I know. I have been going through my Papertrey stamps and trying to use some of the older ones. I love them and buy most of them, but some have yet to see ink! I decided to use Papertrey's new Aqua Mist palette ink, ribbon, and cardstock. I cut my rectangles using nestabilities and then stamped the cake image. I stamped the flowers using Water Lily Green palette ink. The colors work very well together. I wanted to try a different way for making my bow, but I think it turned out a little big. The centers of all the flowers have clear Stickles, making them nice and sparkly. I love how Geny lines the inside of many of her cards and stamps inside so I did that to my card. You can see a hint of the flowers in the corner inside. Lining the insides makes them look so finished. This card could easily be used for a wedding or a birthday. Be sure to stop by this weekend or next week! I have some exciting news to share.
Recipe
Stamps: Piece of Cake (Papertrey Ink), Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink), Ink: Aqua Mist, Water Lily Green, Ribbon: Papertrey Ink; Other: nestabilities, stickles

16 comments:

Alli Miles said...

Your card is gorgeous! Great colour choice. I look forward to hearing your news.

Tip Junkie said...

Beautiful card! You received an award over on my site. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Charlene Austin said...

OMGosh this is so gorgeous. The colors so vibrant. I just got my order a couple days ago and I can't wait to use that paper!!

Casey said...

gorgeous card!! I have a wedding to go to this summer and I've been looking for inspiration for a card! you did it, thank you :)

Erin Bigler said...

Hi, Niki! Linked to your blog thru the RAK forum on PTI and it's nice to "meet" you! LOVE your cards and look forward to visiting your blog often for inspiration!

Jenn said...

Niki, this turned out beautifully! It looks wonderful. TFS!

K said...

Beautiful card! I love the Piece of Cake set and need to use it more. Thanks for the tip about the two colors working well together.

Nardi said...

I LOVE the colours!! It is so beautiful and elegant. I also wish I could get my hands on nestabilities as they look fab on your card. TFS!

Helen said...

Wow, what a pretty card! Gorgeous!

Lizette said...

What a gorgeous card ! I love the colour choices !

Velta said...

Niki ~ This card is stunning!! I love the colors and the great design ;)

(tinxmagic) Laura said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!! And NO the bow is not too big! It is perfect in many different ways... how did you do the bow?
I love the colors too~ Great job!
Thanks for sharing!

laos348 said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and I like how you did the ribbon on this one.

Lesa said...

This is just yummy! Great job!

Lauren said...

This is gorgeous. Great layout! I have to stamp on another layer in my cards too - or else they look unfinished to me.

Geny said...

Love that card! I don't have this set yet - I know amazing cause I have almost all of them - but I really want to get it:)! Great job with the monochromatic color scheme!