Friday, September 21, 2007

tool tin

My son helped me make this cute little tin to hold his art tools. He is always into my supplies so I'm hoping this will help keep him out of them since he has his own (yeah, right). He picked the paper and colors. He even helped sand the tin and mod podge the paper onto the tin. He loves my cuttlebug so he liked being the one who got to turn the handle and cut out the trains. He also insisted that the train have steam. With all the help I had between he and his sister, there are a few extra pen marks from when I got bumped, but I still like how it turned out. Now, I'm going to have to alter my tool tin. Supplies used: patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; letter stamps and ink:CTMH; train: Cuttlebug dies; car and planes: Studio G; twill: Creative Impressions; glue: Mod Podge; black pen; watercolor pencils. Off topic, but I learned how to create my own watermark and figured out how to merge those 4 photos into one using Photoshop Elements. I'm a little proud of myself. (Yay! I figured out how to add real smilies to my posts.)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Followed your link from Tammy's blog and have to say, this is really cute!

Rachel Hope said...

OH...this is SO SO cute!!!