Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Teacher's Gifts Galore

I am so excited to get to share a sneak peek with you of one of the new releases coming to Papertrey Ink. This is the new Teacher's Apple set. I just love all the sayings and different apples in this set! Nichole wanted us to come up with a teacher gift and card for this set. I wanted to make some things that we fairly quick and easy to make, but still looked cute and this is what I came up with. I wanted to create a coordinating set so I used the same basic supplies for each item (hand stamped apple paper, polka dot paper, pure poppy, kraft, and spring moss cardstocks).

This is our first year having a child in school since my son is in preschool. He is already excited to give this to his teacher. I was planning on using the set as a Christmas gift, but I don't know if he is going to be able to wait that long. He wanted to take it this morning! lol

I stamped the apples with pure poppy ink on kraft cardstock and inked the edges with jardin moss ink. Then, I stitched my patterned paper to my pure poppy card base. Then, I cut a strip of polka dot paper (from Vintage Holiday Prints) and matted it with pure poppy cardstock. I added some stitching and tied a ribbon around the piece before adding it to my card. Then, I stamped the sentiment on spring moss cardstock, created a pure poppy mat, and stitched the two together. I added it to my card with foam adhesive.

I also altered a little mini composition book. I created the same stamped patterned paper and wrapped it around my notebook. I inked the edges with jardin moss ink. Then, I added the patterned paper and sentiment in the same way I created the card.

I also created a quick and easy post-it note holder. I cut a piece of kraft cardstock 8 x 3 1/4 inches. I again stamped my apple pattern and inked the edges. Then, I scored my cardstock at 2 inches, 2 1/2 inches, 5 5/8 inches, and 6 1/8 inches. I adhered the post-it notes to the inside.
Then, I created the sentiment and apple for my cover. The apple was stamped on white cardstock and cut out. Then, I added dimensional glaze and let it dry so the apple is nice and shiny.

I added a little Velcro to the inside to hold my post-it note holder shut. You could also use a magnetic clasp or just a little slit to slide the top piece into.

The last piece that I created in my gift set was a holder for miscellaneous teacher supplies. I used Nichole's amazing template from last month. I altered it a little to create a third spot to hold supplies (measurements below). For the outside of my tin, I cut a piece of kraft paper to wrap around my tin and stamped it in the same apple pattern. I added some polka dot paper and a thin pure poppy mat. I stamped a tag and cut it out with nestability dies. I added some stitching and an eyelet and tied a white ribbon around the tin and added my tag.

I printed out Nichole's pdf for her Christmas tag holder. I used the same long section and then altered the patterned from two spaces to three spaces on the other side. I created the piece the same width, but changed the length to 8 3/4 inches. Then, I scored the piece at 1 3/4 inches, 2 5/8 inches, 3 1/2 inches, 5 1/4 inches, 6 1/8 inches, and 7 inches. I created the same folding and rounded the corners just as Nichole did. I filled the tin with some miscellaneous teacher supplies. I added paper clips, glue stick, brads, and large clips. You could also use tacks, rubber bands, erasers, small post-it notes, etc.

I can not wait to see what the other design team ladies came up with for this challenge. Be sure to check out Nichole's blog for all the creations and the other designers blogs for more info on their projects (links to the right or on Nichole's blog post).

Have a great day and can't wait to see you all at the release party!

signature

30 comments:

Jennifer Holmes said...

Oh good golly, Niki, this is just so sweet! I love it! You are making me think that I really need this set!

Anonymous said...

Love it, Truly personalized. What a great set, I can hardly believe what an incredible job you and the entire team have done, very inspiring.
Rieca

Allison Rankin said...

What fun ideas and I just love the kraft and red!

Unknown said...

Very, very nice!! What a great gift set, Niki!

Elaine said...

Great set and design work on the projects! Love them!

Unknown said...

That's it - I'm sold - I now have to get this set. This stuff is Amazing Niki - well done you.

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I love what you did for your teacher gifts!!! Coming from a teacher, I would love to receive these from a child!! Your child's teacher is lucky :p

I also really love that there's a stamp set with awesome teacher sayings. I'll have to look into that one!

Jingle said...

Very cute project ideas!

Christie said...

I love this! This set is a must have for me!

IamDerby said...

mavelous job on this Niki!

Katy Myhre said...

What a great idea! TFS

Allison said...

Wow! These are so amazing! THis will make someone really happy.

Rachelle said...

This is a very striking set. I love it. I just love when a whole set coordinates. :)

Christine Riley said...

Wow Niki, this is lovely! This set is gorgeous and the projects you created are wondeful. Your son's teacher will love it! :) TFS!
Hugs, Christine :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

NIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow!!!! This is SO fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, you are talented!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kacey Elliott said...

You did a fabulous job with this set! So many possibilities, this is definitely a must have! Thanks for the inspiration Niki!

Debbie Corbari said...

WOW Niki! These are beyond Fabulous! I am SO Case'ing you on this!!! Can't wait to make it up for my dd's pre-school teacher too! (Thank Goodness we are not in the same school! LOL!)

LOVE IT!

Michelle said...

Love your projects! I am sooo excited about this stamp set.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic set! This set may have to be the top of my wish list!
~Lacey

Unknown said...

Very neat Niki!! What a great little set! :)

Justine said...

I love what you have done with this set, I really love the tin idea!!!

Carolina said...

Adorable Niki!!! I must get my hands on this set, you just pushed me over into the buy side! My sister is a kinder teacher and can see so many projects I can make for her. Thanks for so much inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I would be like you...wanting to go ahead and give the gift now...Such a special touch Niki :)

Katie Cotton said...

i'm in love. absolutely in love. This release couldnt get here soon enough!

Jenn said...

Ok!!! This is tooooo cute!! I love the organizer with the nugget tins!!! Awesome gift!

Donelda said...

Oh Niki, I love love love your shiny apple!!! Awesome gift!!

Vicki G said...

Niki, these are SO pretty!!!!!

Regan said...

your projects are awesome

20Birds said...

kind of late and after the post but where did oyu get the mint tin with the cler lid? I really want to make this but i really like the clear lid also...

Discount Cards said...

This is the great card to give the teacher. I think whole package is wonderful. I hope teacher like this too.