Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Autumn

I thought I would share a card that is created with stamps that aren't from the new PTI release. (I'll finish up my last couple release things next week.) I got a chance to finally play with my Mailbox Greetings set that I got a while back. I love this set! There are so many possibilities and I love the sentiments in the set.

I made this card sometime at the beginning of the month, but I use the new Ripe Avocado cardstock so I couldn't share until after the release. I started out by stamping the image on vintage cream cardstock and cut it out with a nestability die. Then, I colored it with copic markers and stamped the sentiment on the bottom. I stamped the row of leaves along the mailboxes. (While inking the leaves, I inked them in summer sunrise ink and then sponged some orange ink around them to create the fall colors.) I put the rectangle nestability die back over my image and sponged antique linen ink around the mailboxes. I cut my card base from kraft cardstock and then cut a ripe avocado and a summer sunrise layer. I stamped the envelopes randomly on the summer sunrise cardstock and then sewed the layers together. I cut a piece of patterned paper, layered it with ripe avocado cardstock and sewed the edges. I wrapped the pure poppy grosgrain ribbon around the layers before adding them to my card. Then, after adding all the layers, I added a few dew drops.

Hope everyone is doing something fun this weekend. I'm hoping to scrapbook some more if I get a chance.
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Mailbox Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: vintage cream, kraft, summer sunrise, ripe avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: First Fruits (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: ripe avocado, summer sunrise (Papertrey Ink), Antique Linen (Ranger), noir (Palette), orange (sorry, I don't remember what orange I used)
Accents: pure poppy grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink), dew drops (Robin's Nest)
Tools: copic markers, rectangle nestability die, sewing machine

15 comments:

Molly B said...

Very nice Niki. I love the leaves. -Molly B

Lee said...

Oh this is sooo cute!! I love those mailboxes!! And the dp and dewdrops are awesome!!

Lorie said...

This is a great fall card! Love the envelopes for the background!

Tiffany said...

Those mailboxes are adorable! Love em! The dew drops are a nice addition to this card. They go perfectly.

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog Niki!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Thanks for sharing
Melissa

Regan said...

really nice Niki!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous autumnal card Niki, Great stamps and beautiful colours, Hugs, Nikki x

Alli Miles said...

Great card Niki! It always makes me smile when I see this set being used. Great fall card!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring is out of this world fantastic!!!!!!!
Love the colors and the stitching too!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Can you color! I love the layout as well. I need to get this set out and use it. I bought it when it first came out and have never inked it up

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the colors you used here, and the way you placed the dew drops.

Velta said...

Very fallish...and great coloring, as always your work is super :)

mommaladystamper said...

Beautiful card Niki. The colors are so life like and fall is here. Alice R.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card. I love the colors and that stamp set is perfect...something for every season.
~Lacey Stephens

Lisa Kind said...

I just love this set (and own it), but I too have never used it. You've given me inspiration! TFS!