Wednesday, October 15, 2008

baby, it's cold outside

Heather's new Snowfall and Snowfall Additions sets are so much fun to use. I love how 4 of the snowflakes coordinate with snowflake punches. Of course, you don't have to use them with the punches. It's just one extra possibility.

My favorite stamp in the set is the long bunch of snowflakes. They make it so easy to stamp a neat background paper. I stamped my card base using white acrylic paint. Then, I cut a piece of pure poppy cardstock slightly wider than my ocean tides stitched ribbon. I stamped the mittens on white cardstock and patterned paper. I cut the top part of the mittens out and adhered them over my cardstock mittens and cut them out. I added white paint to the edges of my card, pure poppy strip, and the mittens for a more snowy feel. I stamped my ribbon with versamark ink and embossed the sentiment directly onto the ribbon. Then, I added the ribbon to my cardstock and adhered the whole thing to my card. I added some rhinestones to the ribbon and added my mittens using dimensional foam. I wanted the illusion of a heart with the placement of my mittens. Does it kind of seem that way? My 5 year old told me they looked like a heart without me asking so at least he sees it. *smile* Then, my card felt like it needed something extra so I stamped a snowflake in pure poppy ink on white cardstock and punched it out using one of the snowflake punches (pink - mega). I added a button and put it in the corner of my card.

So, who's ready for snow? I'm not, but my kids are. They are ready to make snowmen. I'd like it to at least wait until after Halloween to start sticking.
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Snowfall, Snowfall Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white, kraft, pure poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Vintage Holiday Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: pure poppy (Papertrey Ink), versamark
Accents: Ocean Tides stitched ribbon (Papertrey Ink), rhinestones (Me and My Big Ideas), button, hemp
Tools: embossing powder, white acrylic paint, snowflake punch (pink mega - Marvy), scissors

12 comments:

Allison said...

This is just gorgeous and I love the colours you used!

Unknown said...

Hi Niki - I though tyour release stuff was stunning - I'm going to go through it all slowly again to check out all the little details - I love your stuff. This card is one of my faves - need white acrylic paint now.

Anonymous said...

I love this one Niki...your imagination is awesome!

Jennifer Holmes said...

I love the way the white paint makes it all snowy. I really need to get mine out and give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tiffany said...

Oh Niki, I just love this! I love all the snowflakes and the colors you chose. Cute, cute, cute!

I am certainly not ready for snow!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Mary said...

Now how flippin' cute is that!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love the style...very much "Pine" style! Simple, get breath-taking. Shame I don't need snowflake stamps...not so much snow in Florida!! LOL
~Lacey Stephens
www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the white snow on that kraft paper, it looks so clean and crisp. I also like your red mittens!

Lee said...

Oh cuuuute!!! I love the Kraft!! And now I have that song in my head!! LOL

Sew Club said...

Super cute, Niki!

Jessica said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the little bit of bling. And the snowflake. I think I'm going to end up with many more Christmas/Winter sets this year. Oops?