Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Go Banannas


I just love Mike Monkey! Isn't he a cutie?! (I'm afraid I'm in trouble with the new release, too! You can see all the new stamps here and Ila is giving away some of the new stamps on her blog, too. I'm still trying to catch up on all the adorable jungle images from the previous release!)

I started out by stamp Mike. Then, I masked him and stamped the jungle background. I colored everything with copic markers and used the airbrush system to lightly color the sky. Last, I stamped, colored and cut out the banana to put in Mike's hand. I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and cut it out using a nestability die.

Have a great day!

signature

Recipe
Stamps:
Sm Monkey Mike, Single Banana, Go Bananas, Jungle Background (High Hopes Stamps)
Cardstock: white, lemon tart (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ink: black (Momento), antique linen distressing ink (Ranger)
Accents: yellow brads, hemp

Tools: nestability dies, copic markers, copic air compressor, black pen

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is just a gem of a card - love it.

Kimberly Crawford said...

that's really adorable!!! love the background paper you used! :)

Jak Heath said...

Brilliant fun card.
I have given you an award you can collect it from my blog

Ila said...

Wow!! this card is Fabulous Niki!! Thnanks for spreading the news of my HH blog candy...Good Luck!!

Katharina Frei said...

I love this card Niki! Great oclour combination and details. Fabulous scene :)