Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Papertrey Blog Hop: Transparencies



I can't believe it's already the 25th of June!! It's time again for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month's challenge is to use transparencies. I love using transparencies, but they can be challenging sometimes. I can not wait to see what everyone came up with!!





The first thing I decided to created was transparency flowers. I stamped the flowers (from Beautiful Blooms) on transparencies and heat set. Then, I sprayed them using my copic markers and air compressor. I like how the color gradually gets lighter towards the end of the petals. After they were dry, I cut them out and set them aside to use on my card.

I started my card by making my card base from kraft cardstock. Then, I random stamped my patterned paper using one of the smaller flowers in the Beautiful Blooms set. I cut it to fit my card and matted it with black cardstock. Then, I punched my lace border on the lavender moon cardstock using a Martha Stewart punch. (It does not punch well through the PTI cardstock. I thought I was going to break it!) I added the cardstocks and patterned papers to my card. Then, I stamped my sentiment in the corner and added the flowers. Last, I stamped the polka dot flower centers, punched them out, and added them to my flower centers.






The second thing I wanted to create was an acetate nugget box. I created my template first and then cut it out of acetate (transparency). I included the template below. I assembled my box and then, stamped my nuggets. I stamped my tag and then punched it out. I punched a hole for my eyelet, set it, and threaded the tag with white floss. Last, I tied a red ribbon around my box and attached the tag.





I was definitely thinking of the upcoming holiday when I made these. I love how the stamps are all separate in the Limitless Labels stamp set because it makes it so easy to stamp each color.

The box would definitely be more sturdy made out of cardstock, but I love it made out of acetate so you can see the nuggets inside.




Here is the template for my nugget box. Measure and cut it out. Then, score all the lines and cut the dotted lines. When I was scoring my transparency, I first scored it while it was on top of my template so I could see where I need to score. Then, I scored all the lines again and folded them over and creased them to make them nice and crisp. I secured the flaps using glue dots.

I can't wait to see everyone's creations!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!




Recipe for card

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink)

Cardstock: kraft, lavender moon, white (Papertery Ink), black (SU!)

Ink: noir (Palette), lavender moon (Papertrey Ink)

Tools: transparencies, copic marker, air brush system, circle punch, border punch (Martha Stewart), heat gun


Recipe for Nugget Box

Stamps: Limitless Labels, Borders and Corners: Circles, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)

Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink)

Ink: Noir, L'Amore Red, Starry Night (Palette)

Accents: red satin ribbon (Target), silver eyelet, white floss

Tools: scorepal, circle punch, crop-a-dile

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niki these are great! No wonder they wanted you on the PTI Team.

Unknown said...

These are fab - can't wait to try out the flowers and i must find the Irish version of Nuggets, lol

Jak Heath said...

Love the effect the airbrush has made on the acetate, I'm yet to buy some copic markers (still hunting a good price) the nugget box leads to enless gift possibilities.

Chris said...

these are great!!

Latisha said...

cute card and I like your gift set.

One Creative Life said...

What great projects Niki! The nugget box is so festive!

Regan said...

Cool card Niki and the project is nice too!

Kristie Larsen said...

this IS great. i love that you can see through the box. another great idea, thanks for sharing!

IamDerby said...

Love that clear nugget box. your flowers are gorgeous also

K said...

I just love your card. The flowers are so cool. The nugget container looks so good for July 4th.

Deanna said...

Wow love the flowers made from the acetate... gorgeous!
Clear nugget box, cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job Niki!!!!

~ Pam

Scrapping Julie said...

both are awesome Niki!

Lesly said...

Great job and thanks for the tip about scoring on top of the template.

Kevin Renz said...

LOL Niki! Great idea! Both projects turned out great.

Melissa Flieg said...

Love both items. Thanks for sharing the templete for the nugget box.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Everything you do is SO gorgeous!! What a great idea to cut out your transparency flowers!!!

Anonymous said...

Niki - such a beautiful card! Heather (HMJ)

Anonymous said...

I love your cute little nugget box. Thanks so much for sharing!

Donelda said...

Niki, beautiful projects!! I love those flowers and the whole card is awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job -- both of them. I so happy for you in your new job!!!

Janette said...

beautiful projects Niki! I especially like the flowers and what a great idea to spray with the copics. BTW- I had the same problem with my border punch on the CS that I did my box with. I thought I would break mine too.

Lee said...

Oh the flowers are just gorgeous!!!! And the clear nugget box......AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Niki! WOW!

Allison Cope said...

Stunning card Niki! Love the coloured acetate and the design is just beautiful! Gorgeous girl!

Jenn said...

Great work, as usual, Niki! :)

Jacki Marie said...

This is really pretty and I'm not just saying that because it's purple!

Diane said...

A beautiful card! Your nugget box is very creative and FUN!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of these. I especially like the airbrush effect you got on the flowers. I never thought to try airbrushing with copics on acetate, I will definitely have to try that now though. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors that you used for your card. The transparency flowers make an awesome layer especially how the colors are enriched on the bottom layer.

Kathleen said...

Ahhhhhhhh! (in a high squealing voice!) I love measurements! I really love the nugget box!

Charlene Austin said...

Niki....love your projects. Thanks for the template! Must try this!

ohradiogirl said...

Awesome job. Very nice projects.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great job there Niki. Love your little acetate flowers and your candy box is wonderful. Thanks for the measurements.

Anonymous said...

Love these projects, Niki! Love the flower transparencies....great idea!

Julia Aston said...

what fun projects! I love the little nugget box - thanks for including the template!

CeeCee said...

Niki, great usage of the transparencies for the flowers! and I love your box. So pretty.

Rhonda Kelly said...

Niki, these are awesome. I love all of them and I especially like the wonderful card! TFS
Been a while since I visited so I thought I would say hello to my SBS Sisters. And by the way, I love your blog title photo. Where is that a picture of? It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think my comment went through...anyway...
thank you for the box template. I was needing one just that size. I changed it up a tiny bit. This is what I came up with...
http://handstampedbylacey.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/party-puzzle-tutorial.html
~Lacey Stephens
www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com