Monday, May 19, 2008

Papertrey Flowers

Here are the last of my flower cards I made for the Papertrey GSS contest. I have a few other cards left to share, but no more flower ones.

This card was very simple to make. I started out by stamping my flower image on white cardstock and cutting it out with a nestability die. I added glitter to the petals using a copic spica pen. Then, I matted it with pink and made my card base and white layer. I added the sweet blush ribbon, tag, and my image and then sewed the white layer to the pink card base.


Here you can see the glitter on the flower petals. The glitter from the spica pen is very fine so it's not over powering to the image. It just adds a little extra something.


This card all started with the button. I stamped the flower on polyshrink with staz on ink, punched it out in a circle, punched two holes to make it look like a button, and shrank it. Custom button! Then, I stamped my patterned paper using the same image. I colored the flower centers with a copic marker and added black stickles to the flower centers. I rounded the edges and matted it with summer sunrise cardstock. Then, I added it to my black card base. I stamped my sentiment on white cardstock, round two corners, and matted it with summer sunrise and black cardstocks. I cut out a flower, added my button to the center, and added it to my card using dimensional adhesive.



Here is a close up of the button. I think it adds something extra to the card by making a custom button.



Recipe for first card
Stamps: Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink)

Cardstock: white Stamper's Select, sweet blush (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: sweet blush (Papertrey Ink), landscape, noir (Palette)
Accents: sweet blush swiss dots ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: copic spica glitter pen, cuttlebug die, nestability die, sewing machine, slot tool (Making Memories)

Recipe for second card
Stamps: Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: noir (Palette), summer sunrise (Papertrey Ink), staz on
Cardstock: white stamper's select, summer sunrise (Papertrey Ink), black (SU!)
Tools: black stickles (Ranger), poly shrink, corner rounder, copic marker

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Absolutely stunning!

Many Blessings,
M.

Unknown said...

Both are great cards Niki! I love the yellow -it's so eye catching!! :)

Alli Miles said...

Wow...Melissa took my words! Your cards are STUNNING. I absolutely love all the little touches you have added to them.

Geny said...

Love both of those card Niki! Great job!

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful!! how does each card get more and more lovely??!! :)

K said...

I love all of your cards. The first card is my favorite. The glitter looks so nice. Also, thanks for answering my question in your Q & A. I'm going to buy a light tent this morning. :)

Stampin' Meg said...

I love that touch of glitter on the pink rose petals!

Debbie Olson said...

Niki, this is clean, fresh, and absolutely perfect!