Friday, April 11, 2008

Challenge Friday

It's time for another challenge over at the Hanna Stamps forum on SCS. This week's challenge is to make a shaped card. Any shape except a rectangle or a square. Be sure to use the code HSC12 when you upload your photo to the SCS gallery. You can see all the creations here.

When I first say Garden Riley, I knew I wanted to make a house shaped card for him to be gardening in front of. I created the template for my house first and then made it into a card. I cut strips for the siding of my house and sponged the edges with soft sky ink to give them more dimension and make them stand out. When I was adding them to my house, I overlapped the bottom edges over the top edges to make them stick out slightly at the bottom just like siding. Then, I cut out a square for the window. I added a piece of acetate behind to make it a window. Then, I added the trim and chimney.

Next, I stamped Garden Riley and the trees from Tis the Season Hanna. I colored them with copic markers and cut them out. I also cut some grass from wild wasabi cardstock. I used dimensional adhesive when I added the trees, Riley, and the grass to my card to make them all stand out from the house.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this challenge!!



Recipe
Stamps: Garden Riley, Tis the Season Hanna (Hanna Stamps)
Cardstock: white Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink), soft sky, wild wasabi (SU!), red (DCWV)
Ink: graphite black (Brilliance), soft sky (SU!)
Tools: copic markers, exacto knife, square punch, dimensional adhesive

19 comments:

Charlene said...

Adorable card, love it!!

Jackie said...

Wow, that is awesome! I love the way the siding looks - oh, it's all just perfect!

Tiffany said...

So cute and very creative with the house!

Anonymous said...

Darn girl, this is so cute!!!! You put alot of time into making this but it's awesome! Nice job!

Tracy.H said...

OMG!! This is just too darn cute!! I might just have to case this card one day! :0)

Shannon Roberts said...

ummmm, brilliant!! This is a major WOWSERS!!!

Maria said...

Niki -
I'm still speechless!

K said...

How cool! I love the house and the siding on the house. Great job cutting out and coloring Riley and his front yard. c

Jana said...

Oh my that is too darn cute!! what a great idea.. Great challenge

Michelle said...

WOW Niki, this card is spectacular.. the recipient is going to be amazed.

Michelle

Molly B said...

This is just over the top cute. I love Riley and now Sophie too. -Molly B

Anonymous said...

I love the siding!

Anonymous said...

I lOvE iT!!! It's paperlicious!!!

~Pam

Kristi said...

THUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

this is Adorable!! You do beautiful work!

Lee said...

Jaw-droppingly AWESOME!!! I mean really.....FANtastic shaped card....I never would have thought of that!!! Lovely trees......the scoring of the chimney, adorable Riley himself........I'm totally blown away by this masterpiece!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!

Marcia said...

I love your card - it is so inpiring and makes me think outside the normal box!
Fabulous card - I am definitely casing this one day!

Kim's Life said...

Love it!!! You are so creative!!!