Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cake Riley

Quite a few people have asked me when these new Rileys and Sophies are coming out. There is no official release party like last week with the Hannas. Kristi plans to put them up in the store this week some time. She wanted to get them up in time for you to still be able to take advantage of the 10% off discount. So watch the store because they will be up soon!


Cake anyone? Riley is bringing out the cake today. I wanted to make a card that could be used for a wedding or a birthday. I started by coloring Riley. Then, I decided to use the Afternoon Tea papers from the SU! mini. I matted the image and sewed the layers together. Then, I created my card base from groovy guava cardstock and added the ribbon and patterned papers. I stamped my sentiment onto the patterned paper and went over it with a glitter pen to make it sparkly. I also added glitter to the pink parts of the cake. Last, I added my image to the card and put dew drops in the corners.



Here you can see a close up of the glitter I added to the cake.I'll be back with 2 or 3 more cards later, but I need to get photos of them first. Have a great morning!










Recipe
Stamps: Riley (Hanna Stamps), Paper Tray (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: groovy guava (SU!), white stamper's select (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Afternoon Tea (SU!)
Ink: black graphite (Brilliance), green (palette)
Accents: dew drops (Robin's Nest), sofk sky ribbon (SU!)
Tools: copic markers, gelly roll pen (Sakura), sewing machine, nestability die

3 comments:

Maria said...

Totally awesome! And it can so go either way!

Lee said...

Ohhhhhhh.........another "SWEET" Riley!!! Mmmmm.......wonderful image and beautifully colored!! I love your card with the stitching and that dp is just perfect!!! I'm sorry I can't help you with the blogger spacing....I have issues that I have to keep asking my teens to help me with!!! LOL

Vicki G said...

WOW!!!!! That is absolutely adorable!!!