Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

The long awaited Men Of Life set was released last Saturday at Papertrey Ink. It coordinates with the Women of Life and Women of Life Additions stamp sets. One of my favorite things about these sets is the fonts used in the titles. I just love those fonts. They are perfect for cards and scrapbook pages.

I started my card by cutting the layers. Then, I stamped the patterned paper on the vintage cream cardstock using ocean tides ink. I stitched it to the pure poppy layer. I cut some circles using nestability dies and stamped the boat that coordinates with my stamped patterned paper. I stamped my sentiment on the card base and the boat. Then, I added the red dots using a marker. There was something missing on my card and it seemed a little unbalanced so I stamped the image across the bottom to finish off my card.

Have a great day!
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Men of Life (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: vintage cream, aqua mist, pure poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: ocean tides, pure poppy (Papertrey Ink), noir (Palette)
Tools: nestability circle dies, sewing machine

13 comments:

Tracey said...

Love your card! The colour combo is great!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colour combo. I think I'll have to get this set!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Niki,love the image and the beautiful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Simply beautiful Nicki!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful card! Great colors too.

Rach said...

a wonderful card Niki, fabulous colour scheme. hugs rachxx

Elizabeth S. said...

Very nice card. Love the color combo.

Monica said...

I LOVE this card! I cant wait to get my set!

WTG Niki!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Lovely! Love the circle shape you used for the sailboat-it made a gorgeous design!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful, Niki!! Love the colors you used!!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card Niki!! :)

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card, Niki. I just love the colors.
Take care
Karen

Lee said...

Oh wow Niki! This is so gorgeous! What a great masculine set!!