Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Season's Greetings

Isn't Charlie adorable?! He's one of the new Whiff of Joy stamps I received in the mail this week. I don't have very many boy stamps and as soon as I saw Charlie, I knew he was perfect to fill the void. He's adorable and mischievous just like my son!! I could definitely see my son with snowballs and the same expression on his face. lol

I used Katharina's sketch when creating my card. I stamped Charlie and cut him out using a nestability die. Then, I chose my patterned paper and colored my image in coordinating colors. I cut all my layers and stitched the pieces. I poked holes and stitched around my sentiment by hand. Then, I assembled all the layers.

For some reason, I had a terrible time getting a good photo of this card (When I lightened the photos, it distorted the colors so the photos are a little dark in order for the colors to be accurate and you can't see any of the shading.), but I had to share one more photo of Charlie.

Can't you just see a little boy doing that? Season's Greetings, splat!
signature
Recipe
Stamps: Charlie with Snowballs (Whiff of Joy), Holiday Wishes (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white, dark chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Blush (Basic Grey)
Ink: graphite black (Brilliance), noir (Palette)
Accents: red twill
Tools: nestability circle and rectangle dies, copic markers, sewing machine

18 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

He is cute! It is hard to find good boy stamps-that is for sure!!

Emily said...

This is so cute! I love all the layers! Great layout, and great colors! TFS! =)

Marcia said...

Great layout and colors! This stamp set is just so cute!!

Michelle said...

OMG Niki!! That is the CUTEST little boy stamp I've seen in forever!

Anonymous said...

That is such an awesome card! You are really talented. I love the colors and the design. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful work. I really enjoy it!

Gabby said...

OH HE IS CUTE!!! ENABLER! LOL! Now I NEED to get one because I don't have many boy stamps...and have one soon to be 10 year old, mischevious, boy...lol. I see him throwing snowballs at me until I can't even breathe! Just like how he attacks me in the pool by splashing me until I'm gasping for air...lol!

Carolina said...

Oh is this ever darlin'! Amazing coloring as always and oh is this image on my list - love it!!!

Unknown said...

Cute card, Niki. Now, how do you make holes and stitch by hand? They look like they were done with the sewing machine.

Anonymous said...

As always, your work is just fabuloso...What a cute little guy and great coloring too :)

Katharina Frei said...

He is super cool Niki!! Love the silent beauty of your card. And the colour combination is perfect for a boy card!

Mary I said...

Very cute card! I'll have to check out Whiff of Joy's new line of stamps.

BTW, I gave you an award on my blog. I enjoy seeing what you're up to and wanted to share that with those who visit me. :-)

Unknown said...

Yep - we need some cute boy stamps over at PTI - I'm trying real hard not to be tempted away but you're killing me with this little guy - Lol. The card is gorgeous - thank you also for the lovely comments.

Barbara Schram said...

He is adorable, Niki! I love your color choices...what a fun card.

Ila said...

He is just the Cutest!! I love the way you colored him and your layout...Fabulous card!!..Hugs, Ila

Scrap Jaci said...

Very cute!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

He is so cute, Niki!! I LOVE the colour combo you used and your colouring is FAB!! Great job, girlie!!

Kristine said...

Oh wow!! PERFECT PAPERS for this boy image. LOVE the richness of this card so much :)

Alyssa S said...

This card is just adorable! I love it! Great job on the coloring and the color scheme :o)