Thursday, August 7, 2008

Heartfelt Thanks

I finally got a chance to make a card! Between my daughter and business responsibilities, today was the first time I had a chance to sit down and make anything. I'll be working with the new Papertrey Ink stamps over the next few days. You will love the new sets!

For this card, I dug out one of my all time favorite sets. I love the Butterfly Kisses set. Those two sentiments are my favorites. I love the elegant first letters.

Do you see how glittery my flower is? I just got a new product called Shimmerz Paint. I used the Angel Wings paint to paint my flower and make it all shimmery. I love the effect and they are so easy to use. I just used an aqua painter like Cami mentioned (on her blog and the Shimmerz blog) to paint the shimmer onto my flower and let it dry. The colors are just gorgeous and the paints come in lots of different colors.

Another photo to share the beautiful shimmer on the flower. Such an easy technique and it adds so much.

Have a great day!

signature
Recipe
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: vintage cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Guide Lines (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: noir (Palette)
Accents: plum pudding satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink), flower (Bazzil), brad (SU!)
Tools: Angel Wings (Shimmerz Paints)

7 comments:

Molly B said...

Very Pretty. Love the sparkle! -Molly B

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Niki!! :)

Maureen said...

Beautiful card! Love the idea to paint the flower!

Emily said...

Niki, this is gorgeous! The shimmery flower looks so pretty! TFS!

Memories of Time said...

Ohhhh.... this is SO pretty! I LOVE your flower! CLEVER girl! Great news about your daughter Niki! :)

Michelle said...

Wow!! That is gorgeous!!! So are the Shimmerz like the Twinkling H2O's??? Hmmm......seems I'll have to do a little digging to find out more about this beautiful product!

Sheri said...

Beautiful! I will be on the lookout for Shimmerz! Thanks for the inspriration, Sheri