Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sorry I'm so Behind!

This sentiment fits my life perfectly right now! lol Until yesterday, I had not had a chance to make a card for the past week. My grandma came to visit last weekend and I had some scrapbooks to return to her that I had borrowed to scan. They are old family heritage scrapbooks with photos of some of my ancestors back to the late 1800s. They are priceless! Well, I've had them for a year and hadn't gotten them all scanned yet so I spent last week scanning photos every chance I got. I finally got them all done and backed up the files on cds. Unless my one aunt knows who the people are in the photos, I'm the only one who knows who they are besides my grandma so it also took a little longer because I labeled all the photo files with the names of the people in the photos.

Anyway, now you know why I am so behind and why I didn't get the Magnetic Build-a-Owl tutorial up until Monday. Isn't that hippo so cute? She's from Melanie Muenchinger's Just So Hippy set (available through Gina K). The only thing that you might not notice in the photo is I sponged soft sky ink on the edges.

Have a great night!

signature

Recipe
Stamps: Just So Hippy (
Gina K Designs)
Cardstock: white (Papertrey Ink), soft sky (SU!)
Patterned Paper: SU!
Ink: black (Momento), soft sky (SU!), dark chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Other: soft sky ribbon (SU!), rain dot eyelets, copic markers, sponge dauber

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute Niki! - that hippos so adorable! :)

Barbara Schram said...

Just adorable, Niki!
What a treasure to have all your photos scanned and know the names! Pricless!

Tiffany said...

This one made me laugh out loud! Way too fun!!!!

Have a good one.

Allison said...

This is too cute! I love it.