Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Papertrey Ink: Floral Frenzy

I love the style of flowers that Melissa created in her Floral Frenzy stamp set. The style is just so different than the other Papertrey flower sets. I think my favorite flowers in the set are the daisies.
I think this card is one of my favorites I made for the release. I just love sweet blush with chocolate. This card started with the idea of the large flower. I stamped the flower and then the vision for the card just hit me. I random stamped the daisy on the sweet blush cardstock using sweet blush ink for a subtle pattern. The sentiment fits perfectly in the center of one of the nestability circles so it has an embossed edge around it.


I also wanted to create some simple, but pretty one layer cards. I decided to stamp the flower image across the bottom of the card at various heights. I stamped the sentiment above the flowers. Then, I added some ribbon and some dimensional glaze to the flower centers.

I liked this card and decided to try it in another color scheme. I think this card is so easily reproduced that it would make a great gift set. The color options are endless.


A close up photo so you can see the dimensional glaze on the flower centers.

While I was stamping with Floral Frenzy, I discovered the the two dot stamps with rings create a neat pattern if you use them together. The smaller one fits perfectly in the center of the larger one. I stamped my piece of cardstock with Lavender Moon ink and the larger stamp. Then, I went back in and stamped the smaller stamp with Dark Chocolate. The polka dots end up having rings of different colors (dark chocolate center, lavender moon ring, dark chocolate ring, vintage cream ring (the color of the cardstock you stamp on), and then a lavender moon ring.

Hope you have a great day! I will be back tomorrow with my creations for Alli's Wise Owl stamp set.

signature

Recipe for first card
Stamps: Floral Frenzy (Papertrey Ink)
Inks: jardin moss (Palette), sweet blush, dark chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: sweet blush, vintage cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Chocolate Remix 12x12 (Papertrey Ink), (hand stamped)
Accessories: long rectangle nestability die, circle nestability dies (Spellbinders)
Dimensions: A2

Recipe for second card
Stamps: Floral Frenzy (Papertrey Ink)
Inks: jardin moss, noir, water lily green (Palette), berry sorbet (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white stamper's select (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: berry sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink), dimensional glaze
Dimensions: A2

Recipe for third card
Stamps: Floral Frenzy (Papertrey Ink)
Inks: jardin moss, noir, water lily green, l'amore red (Palette)
Cardstock: white stamper's select (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: red satin ribbon (target), dimensional glaze
Dimensions: A2

Recipe for fourth card
Stamps: Floral Frenzy (Papertrey Ink)
Inks: lavender moon, dark chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: lavender moon, vintage cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: (hand stamped)
Accessories: lavender moon satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink), brown brads
Dimensions: A2

16 comments:

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

LOVE the pink & Brown card. FUnny that is what I have on my blog today as wel. It is my favorite combo ever. i cant wait to get my set and try the background pattern you did for this card!! Great job

Alicia Weiman said...

Great cards. I can't wait to get the "July Package" in the mail. I was so excited for you to win last month not thinking that it could be me next month! It must be my lucky week! I can't wait to try out the new daisy with the bees from last month. I think they will look neat "buzzing" around a flower garden! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas.

Lesa said...

These are all fabulous! Wow!

Mary Jo said...

I recently found your blog and love your cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lee said...

Wow Niki!! You've been absolutely inspiring!!!! I've had a crazy summer and am trying to catch up on blogs.........WOWZA!!! Your cards are soooo beautiful!! The quilt card is so gorgoeous!!! And the ribbon tutorial is great!!! Thanks!!! Hope you're having a wonderful summer!!!

Sue said...

Beautiful cards, my favourite has to be the pink and brown one too.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Just beautiful! I love the first card too, but they are all fantastic!!!! :)

Geny said...

Love all these cards Niki! Great job with this set, it is so fun isn't it?!

Unknown said...

Love it all ! Too cute!
hugs,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

I like the pink and brown card (especially the tone-on-tone backgroud), but my favorite is the one-layer card with the row of daisies. I just love the simplicity of it, but it is still beautiful and interesting to look at.

Anonymous said...

The card with the daisies stamped across the bottom has such a happy look to it. All of your cards are so beautiful.

Sandy Knecht said...

I love your Floral Frenzy cards. Simple by beautiful.

Tiffany said...

I love how clean and crisp your cards look. They are all so pretty!!!!

Thank you for the kind words on my blog!

Tiffany said...

I love how clean and crisp your cards look. They are all so pretty!!!!

Thank you for the kind words on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Niki, these looking AMAZING!! I love what you created with Floral Frenzy!! You are such a wonderful addition to PTI!

i'm with the band said...

I LOVE these!