Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mom

I made this card to enter in the Papertrey Ink Guest Star Stamper contest using last month's releases. I created the patterned paper by stamping Polka Dot Basics first on white cardstock. Then, I added a flower from Little Lady in the centers of each of the circles. I stamped the outline from one of the stamps in Just Hatched and used the Trajan Monogram set to add the word 'Mom' to the middle. I cut out my oval and added a mat using an oval nestability die. Then, I added ribbon to my card and the sentiment. The sentiment is pop dotted up. I cut out more flowers from Little Lady, added dew drops, and pop dotted them up as well. Then, I made the inside liner and stamped more flowers in the corner. I like how it turned out. Simple and classic. I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done today. I haven't made any pages in a while and I miss it.



Recipe
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Trajan Monogram, Just Hatched, Little Lady (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: white Stamper's Select, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: aqua mist palette (Papertrey Ink)
Accents: dew drops (Robin's Nest), satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

10 comments:

Lee said...

OH my!!! How absolutely elegant!!! I love that layout and the dp you made!! Just gorgeous!! It's a total winner IMO!!!!

**** April **** said...

I have to completely agree with the first post-elegant is a fantastic word for this piece of art. :)

Michelle said...

How classic and elegant. Just beautiful.

Penny said...

Niki , this is beautiful, so elegant and I really like how you have decorated inside the card as well. Thanks for doing the link thing to my blog too x

Unknown said...

cute,cute!
Hugs,
Robyn

Robyn said...

Beautiful!!

Robyn said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

This is a georgous card! Love it. I found you through the SCS blog forum...so glad I stopped in tonight before I headed off to bed.

Donelda said...

This is a perfect Mother's day card for your mom. Love the colors :-)