Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Keep Your Head Up


I can't believe it is already Day 3 of sneak peeks for the new Hanna Stamps coming out the 14th! I had to go out of town yesterday and was gone all day so I didn't get to work on my sneak peeks for the other two stamp sets. I promise I will get some done today, but I do have another sneak peek of the Large Breeds stamp set to share. I just love this doggie laying in his bed. He looks like he might be a little down, though, so I thought this sentiment from the Things Hanna Would Say stamp set would be perfect. First, I stamped and then colored my image using copic markers. I stamped the image again on my patterned paper. The beauty of clear stamps is that you can see where you are stamping. I was able to stamp the image just right on my patterned paper so that I stamped over part of the flower with the dog's bandanna around his neck. Then, I cut out just the bandanna and added it to the dog's neck. Then, I cut it out using a square nestability die. I matted the square with purely pomegranate and a cream cardstock and stitched the image and the patterned paper to my card using my sewing machine. The patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye. Last, I added dew drops, a flower, and a button (it's a clear button with a piece of purely pomegranate cardstock behind it to make it coordinate). I will get to stamping this morning and have more sneaks peeks of the other two sets asap. Have a great day!

Recipe

Stamps: Large Breeds, Things Hanna Would Say (Hanna Stamps) Patterned Paper: Wild Asparagus (My Mind's Eye) Cardstock: purely pomegranate (SU!), cream (ctmh), white Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink) Accents: dew drops (Robin's Nest), flower (Prima Marketing), button (craft supply) Tools: copic markers, sewing machine, nestability die

4 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Another adorable dog card. I finally saw that this set has a terrier...I am so excited!! thanks for creating such wonderful inspirations! Chris

Melissa said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

I completely adore this card, Niki! The paper is divine .. and works in such a great way with this image!

Paula Wade said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! (I am a dog lover and NEED this set)...